The Eczema Association Australasia
Founded in 1994, The Eczema Association is a valuable source of knowledge and advice on a wide range of issues associated with the management and treatment of Eczema. It supports and educates Eczema sufferers and carers, along with the wider community, in all aspects of Eczema and its impact, and how to alleviate the symptoms.
1 in 3 Australian's at some stage in their lives are affected by Eczema, making Australia one of the highest incidences of Eczema in the World
Many things can cause and trigger sensitive skin and Eczema. One known possible cause is the house dust mite, of which millions live in our bedding.
Attempts to eradicate dust mites is likely to be unsuccessful, however if allergic there are a number of ways in which you can reduce your exposure.
Among others these may include:
- Vacuuming carpets and soft furnishings weekly using a good quality vacuum cleaner with a HEPA (high efficiency particulate air) filter.
- Dusting hard surfaces with a damp or electrostatic cloth.
Keep in mind that these activities may stir up the dust mite allergens. And although they don’t stay airborne for long, if allergic consider having someone else do these tasks for you if an option.
- Clean window coverings regularly. Consider venetian or flat blinds rather than curtains.
- Wash bedding, weekly in water hotter than 55°C. This will kill the dust mites and wash away any allergens.
- Cover your mattress and pillows with Protect-A-Bed® dust mite resistant cases and also wash these regularly at 55 °C.
Protect-A-Bed®’s Miracle Layer™ helps protect you and your family from dust mite allergens, by providing a protective barrier against the allergens they produce.
Ideal for those with Sensitive Skin and Eczema Protect-A-Bed® Tencel™ Mattress and Pillow Protectors are extremely soft and smooth
- Biodegradable Tencel™ is made from botanic wood based fibres through an environmentally friendly manufacturing system.
- Viewed under a microscope Tencel™ fibres are extremely smooth, and less irritating to sensitive skin.
- Absorbent and thermoregulating, wicking moisture away from the skin, for a more comfortable nights sleep.
- Helping you keep cool in summer, and warm in winter.