Protect·A·Bed® conducted a laboratory test to find out what lurks in the average unprotected mattress.
Did you know, after 5 years, up to half the weight of an unprotected mattress, or a mattress with a poor quality protector, is made up of your own bodily fluids, skin cells, bacteria and mould?
It's not hard to believe when a third of each day is spent on the exact same mattress, and the average person looses up to 1L of fluid a day, through the skin, pores, and mouth, as well as millions of skin flakes.
When you buy a new mattress, you need to protect the mattress from you. When you have an older mattress, you need to protect yourself from the mattress!
Buying a new mattress is a big investment, one that you don’t want to be doing regularly, for the sake of your sanity and your wallet.
A quality assured Protect-A-Bed® mattress protector is like an insurance policy for your mattress.
Find out more about our product guarantee, and how it could save you and your mattress.
All of our Tencel® products are recognised by the Eczema Association Australasia as sensitive skin tried and tested.
Tencel® is ideal for people with sensitive skin or eczema. Eco-friendly, and made from 100% organic and odourless wood-based fibres, they are free from pesticides and chemicals, which can irritate the skin. The temperature regulating properties of Tencel® mean you remain cool in Summer and warm in Winter, creating ideal sleeping conditions all year round, free of bacteria.
Dust mites are a major cause of asthma and allergies. Despite their tiny size, dust mites produce 10-20 waste particles per day! Talk about being regular! Each of these contains a protein known to trigger allergic reactions and asthma. If that weren’t bad enough, these proteins are so light that they float when disturbed and disperse into the air, ready for us to inhale.
Recent studies show that as much as 30% of the population are allergic to dust mite waste. (The rest of the 70% simply don’t like it!)
You will see the National Asthma Council of Australia's distinct blue butterfly proudly displayed on all of our packaging. Sensitive Choice approved brands assist people with Asthma to identify products that may help to alleviate the triggers and symptoms of asthma, such as mattress and pillow protectors, and fully-encased mattress encasements from Protect-A-Bed®.
If you’ve ever suffered from any form of urinary incontinence, you’re not alone. Estimates are that 4.6 million Australians suffer from some form of urinary incontinence, so it is not an uncommon concern. It is however, largely an unspoken issue.
The fact is that incontinence is not something that is under a person’s voluntary control, and it is not a condition that should cause shame, humiliation or embarrassment.
There are several types of urinary incontinence including:
Urinary incontinence is just a fact of life for many people and living with it does not need to be difficult, embarrassing or uncomfortable.
There are many products available for incontinence sufferers, including the Protect-A-Bed® Mattress and Linen Protectors, which give you a discreet shield to take the stress out of night time accidents.
Bed bugs are small, wingless insects found all over the world. In Australia, there has been an increase in the number of bed bug infestations of around 5,000% since the year 1999.
Bed bug infestations often take a long time to detect, are extremely expensive to eradicate, and are on the rise in Australia.
If the thought of bed bugs roaming freely in your bed at night has you feeling a little less than comfortable, here’s some more facts guaranteed to make you squirm:
Bedbugs feed on the blood of humans.
SecureSeal™ ensures protector is tamper-proof
Safety trench prevents entry-exit of bed bugs